Saturday, July 11, 2009

JIMMY D DESIGNER JAMES DOBSON

"I HAVE A WEIRD OBSESSION WITH COOKING PROGRAMS"
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING REMOTELY SERIOUS ABOUT FASHION DESIGNER AND CO-OWNER OF CLOTHING STORE "CHILDREN OF VISION" JAMES "JIMMY D" DOBSON, YOU WON'T FIND IT HERE. THIS IS THE TRIVIAL STUFF!
ME: WHAT WAS THE FIRST THOUGHT THAT ENTERED YOUR HEAD THIS MORNING?
JAMES DOBSON: It was a close match between “I don’t want to get up” and “what should I have for breakfast?”.... Deep stuff!
ME: WHEN ARE YOU THE MOST HAPPIEST?
JAMES DOBSON? After I’ve finished a collection, when I’m travelling, when I’ve been working on a garment for ages and you finally get a sample back that’s ‘perfect’, after a long sleep in and half way through the perfect breakfast accompanied by the perfect coffee, seeing someone wearing my clothes and having a good time in them, being with family, good friends, and my boyf...
ME:WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE REALLY ANNOYED AND WHY?
JAMES DOBSON: I was pretty annoyed that Gordon Ramsey’s ‘The F Word’ wasn’t on TV last night... I have a weird obsession with cooking programs.
ME: COMPLETE THIS SENTENCE: "MY FRIENDS THINK I AM..."
JAMES DOBSON: a good dancer when I’m wasted.
ME:...AND THIS SENTENCE: "PEOPLE WILL BE SHOCKED TO KNOW..."
JAMES DOBSON: I used to put a cushion up my jumper and mime to Pavarotti for my parents when I was little.
ME: WHAT WAS THE FIRST ITEM OF CLOTHING THAT YOU BROUGHT FOR YOURSELF?
JAMES DOBSON: Probably something generic from Hallensteins or Warnocks, but the first piece I REMEMBER was a 60’s pale yellow shirt with native flora and fauna printed on it – I had a brief but intense op shopping phase...
ME: DO YOUR SOCKS ALWAYS MATCH?
JAMES DOBSON:They are pretty much always black, but I can confirm that they are not always from the same pair.
ME: WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE POSSESSION?
JAMES DOBSON: My photos, I spent four years doing a degree in photography, so I have boxes of Polaroids of friends and my time living in London, big fibre based portraits, cyanotypes and books I made that are pretty good ‘visual diaries’ of that time.
ME: IF I CAME TO YOUR HOUSE FOR DINNER, WHAT WOULD YOU COOK?
JAMES DOBSON: I always have grand intentions of cooking elaborate multi course meals, ending with a dessert with a high degree of difficulty (maybe a souffle??), but I’m woefully disorganised, and have a pitifully empty pantry so it would probably be some kind of fresh pasta dish, a nice bottle of wine and maybe an affogato for dessert. But it would be all about the company.
ME: WHAT WAS THE LAST THING THAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT BEFORE YOU WENT TO SLEEP LAST NIGHT?
JAMES DOBSON:Jesus it’s cold.
ME: KNOW ANY GOOD JOKES?
JAMES DOBSON: Nope, although someone tried to sell me homemade fudge a while ago by saying I looked like a ‘fudge boy’. That made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment